Monday, February 21, 2005

Card of the Day - Customized Weapon

Customized Weapon
1R

Enchant Creature - Weapon
(Enchant Weapons only on creatures you control.)
Enchanted creature has first strike. If enchanted creature is legendary, it gets +2/+0.
Salvage 2R (2R: Return this card from your graveyard into play enchanting a creature you control. Play this ability any time you could play a sorcery.)

This is a card that's similar to Tenza, Godo's Maul. You might say that I copied the Equipment idea, except that mine came out three years before Tenza.

A late night back in October 2001 I was studying my Geography notes for my O-level preliminary exams while watching some crappy Taiwanese variety show. Then it all came. What if I had a set based on the time of the day? What if enchant creatures were physical objects that the creatures could actually hold?What if I had a set based around legendary creatures... like Legends? Hence, Project Lesser Legends was born.

Three years later, Weapons were printed in the form of Equipment. The day/night mechanic in the form of flip Legends. And a setful of legendary creatures in the form of Champions of Kamigawa. As for my set, it's still under development. I planned for it to be a 500-card set, which is kinda big when ideas run dry. I'm still some 50 cards away from reaching the end.

I'll talk about Day/Night tomorrow. I think it's one of the best mechanics I've came up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home