Sunday, February 27, 2005

Card of the Day - Doubled Might

Doubled Might
1G

Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each +1/+1 counter on it.

This card would be so sick with Ravager. Anyway, this was a card in the third set I created. As far as I remember, there weren't many cards with +1/+1 counters on it. I thought the idea was cool and threw it into the set.

It wasn't until very recently that I couldn't just throw in 306/165 cards together and call it a set. Each set almost always follow a certain formula, namely:

- The 'staple' spells. Each set should always have variants of a certain effect. Example, white: life gain. Red: Artifact destruction.
- The weenies. The average cost of all the spells in a set should be around 2.3 to 2.5. Since there are spells that cost up to 10 mana or more, it means that most spells are around the 2-3 mana range. Sometimes, 'staple' sells come in these forms.
- Crap. Pale Moon? Mudhole? Liar's Pendulum? Azami? As crappy as they might be, someone will make a deck out of them. I still love my Coalition Victory deck.
- Weird stuff. Basically cards that make people go whoa when they first see them. I consider Doubled Might to be in this category. Mirrodin was full of these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home